Last updated on 10th August 2020.
Remokly is a SaaS(Software-as-a-Service) based Remote workforce engagement & productivity management enterprise suite.
A. Engagement enhancement features to remotely working teams, using instant communication features, office like experience, collaborative tools and online group activities.
B. Productivity tracking to organizations of varying sizes, using verifiable task and time tracking service.
This Privacy Statement articulates the privacy and data protection principles followed by Ashto Innovations Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Remokly ”) and its holding and subsidiary entities around the world with regards to the personal information of its customers (including products, outsourcing and other services clients), partners, employees (current or former employees, trainees), applicants, clients, users, visitors, contractors, prospects and vendors and current or former members of the Board of Directors, whose personal information are processed by Remokly (“Data Subjects”). This Privacy Statement explains the use and protection of personal information collected by Remokly. It applies to any personal information you provide to Remokly and, subject to local law, any personal information we collect from other sources.
Throughout this Privacy Statement, “Remokly” refers to Ashto Innovations Private Limited, including its affiliates and subsidiaries (also referred to as “we”, “us”, or “our”).
A. This policy describes:
- The types of information that Remokly may collect from you when you access or use its websites, applications and other online services (collectively, referred as “Services”); and
- Its practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
B. This policy applies only to the information Remokly collects through its Services, via its SaaS Platform, newsletter subscriptions, telephonic calls or in email, text and other electronic communications sent through or received in connection with its Services.
C. Remokly may provide links to third-party websites for your convenience and information. If you access those links while using Remokly Services, you will leave the Remokly website or app as the case may be. Remokly does not control those sites or their privacy practices, which may differ from Remokly’s practices. We do not endorse or make any representations about third-party websites. The personal information you choose to provide to or that is collected by these third parties, including any social media websites featured on our website, is not covered by the Remokly’s Privacy Statement. We encourage you to review the privacy statement or policy of any website before submitting your personal information.
D. We may also provide social media features on our website that enable you to share Remokly information with your social networks and to interact with Remokly on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand how the information provided by you could be used or shared by those sites.
3. Types of information we obtain
A. Personal Information:
- We collect personal information that you or admin users of your organization voluntarily provide us through our website, SaaS Application or by whatsoever means, such as your name, mobile number, email, timezone, office location and profile picture.
B. Time Tracking Information:
- Some organizations use verifiable time tracking features of our business suite. Users of these organizations need to install a client software on their computer systems. Remokly client, when run by the user and set to start tracking time explicitly, collects the following activity while a user is using the program:
- One screenshot of the computer screen every 10 minutes at a random instant.
- The count/volume of the keyboard strokes, mouse movement and mouse clicks every 10 minutes(combined we term it as activity volume).
- Remokly client only records the number of clicks and not the specific keystrokes.
- The title of the active window and its corresponding executable program path.
- Operation System type and version.
- IP address of the computer system.
- Timestamps of the computer system.
- Task entered by the user.
- This above information is only available to the user and admin users of the organization the user belongs to. These permissions are provisioned before the Remokly client is deployed and used by the end user.
- The user can always stop tracking the time on remokly client and for that duration, Remokly client will not share any data with the remokly server. Even if the screenshot(s) and activity data is sent to the server, the user can further choose not to submit this data to the reviewer in Privacy Mode setting of the Remokly client. Data submitted during Privacy mode will be available to users to delete completely or submit for review. In case the user does not take any action by the end of the next day on such data, it is automatically submitted for review.
- Remokly does not share the recorded information with any user on the system who does not have the permission to view them, nor share it with any party outside of the users’ organization.
- Remokly uses recorded hours number and activity volume for productivity and engagement statistical analysis to be used by the users’ organization.
C. Non-personal Information:
D. Additional Information:
- Your preferences and settings such as time zone, language, currency etc to provide a preferred user experience as set by you.
- We record IP addresses for system administration purposes. This information is used to diagnose server problems, monitor traffic patterns and administer the website.
- From time to time we reserve the right to obtain information about legal entities that visit our Website, through their representatives.
- We may obtain information about the website of a legal entity, the name of the legal entity, the contact information of the legal entity, the country of incorporation.
E. Information of Job Applicants
If your information is submitted to us via our website or email when applying for a position with our company, the information will be used to consider your application. We may retain your information for any period of time. This information may be shared with other companies for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for the particular position or other available positions, as well as with third-party service providers retained by us to collect, maintain and analyse candidate submissions for job postings.
4. How do we collect information?
Remokly collects data from four entry points: Remokly website, Remokly web application, Remokly mobile applications and Remokly client program (for Windows, MAC and Linux operating system).
5. How do we use the information we obtain?
A. We use time tracking related data to provide valuable productivity and engagement information only to the users of your organization who have been given authority to view that information by the admin user of the organization.
B. Areas in which we may use your personal information include, but are not limited to, providing you with email newsletters, feedback, interactive forms or notifying you about official or procedural information or update. If you choose to receive promotional emails from us, you may receive periodic promotional emails from us regarding special offers or services. You may also receive informational emails from us related to administrative notices regarding the operation of the w You may at any time withdraw your consent to receive electronic emails by sending a withdrawal notice to Remokly or by pressing the dedicated button (“an unsubscribe button”) in any email from Remokly.
C. We use non-personal information for the following purposes:
- to prevent you from seeing unnecessary advertisements or requiring you to re-enter the Website more than once is necessary for security;
- to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Website and which parts of the Website are most popular;
- to improve the content of our web pages and to customize the content and layout of our pages;
- to deliver the information you request from the website, such as an article, news, review, analysis etc;
C. You can control and/or delete cookies if you wish. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being stored therein. If you do this, however, some services and functionalities of our Website may not work.
7. Data retention
A. We will retain your information for as long as is needed to provide you services, or as required to fulfil our legal obligations. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
B. You can access your own customer data at any time and for any reason.
C. If your organization cancels our services, data related to the organization and all it’s users is automatically kept for 90 days to give customers the ability to access the history if requested. After 90 days, the data collected by the Remokly client will be deleted permanently. A customer can request us to permanently delete all the data by sending such a request to [email protected]
8. Privacy complaints
A. To the extent that our processing of your information is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation, we rely on our legitimate interests, described above, to process your data. You have a right to object to our use of your information for our own marketing purposes at any time by clicking on the special button and opting out from receiving all email. You may also object to processing by emailing [email protected]
9. How We Protect Personal Information
A. We have taken steps to ensure that there are no back doors and no direct or unfettered government access to your data.
B. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we have about you against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
C. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as completely secure data transmission or storage, so we cannot guarantee that our security will not be breached (by technical measures or through violation of our policies and procedures).
10. Third-party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on the Website. These third-party providers have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked services. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our Website and welcome any feedback about these services.
To determine how many people visit our Website and to better understand the areas of greatest interest to our visitors, we reserve the right to have relationships with web analytics companies that compile this information for us. For further information, consult the privacy policies of the web analytics company we use: Google Inc. http://www.google.com/intl/en/privacy.html
We do not intend to solicit or collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18 or under the legal age of your country if it is different. If you are under 18 or are not of a legal age in your country, you shall not provide Personal Information on this Site.
14. Right to be forgotten
If you want to request that we no longer use and process your information to provide you services, please write us at [email protected] We will respond to your request within 30 days.
15. Law and harm
A. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, we may preserve or disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect our or our visitors’ rights or property; or to report a violation of terms of usage.
B. Remokly may share your personal information with law enforcement, data protection authorities, government officials, and other authorities when Remokly is legally bound to do so or to protect the safety of visitors and Remokly.
16. Contacting Us